camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: Using camel without spring
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2014 08:55:06 GMT
On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 7:26 PM, yogu13 <> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am checking out on the possibility of using camel without spring... I was
> looking at the examples available on this regard and could only find
> The example
> shown is quite simple which doesnt involve any processor, aggregrator etc.

You can use any other depencency framework if you want to, eg cdi,
guice, dropwizard, jee etc.
Also for OSGi users on Karaf, you can use Aries Blueprint.

> I wanted to know would all the components and features of camel be available
> when working without spring or is there any limitation to this?

Camel is just a library, so you can run it anyhow you like. All the
Camel components can run without spring, though some requires Spring
JARs like camel-jms etc. But none requires you to create a Spring app
to use these components.