camel-users mailing list archives

From Minh Tran <darth.minhs...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: clearing headers causes infinite redelivery
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2014 21:38:52 GMT
2.14.0

I looked at what Willem suggested with the HeaderFilterStrategy but it seems a little cumbersome.
Easier just to set the exclude pattern.

On 08/12/2014, at 11:25 PM, Claus Ibsen <claus.ibsen@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> What version of Camel do you use?
>
> On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 1:19 AM, Minh Tran <darth.minhster@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I've run into an issue where my route clears the headers right before a rest call
to prevent unintended headers being sent on the request. Something like this.

>> <removeHeaders pattern="*""/>
>> <to uri="http4:blah"/>
>>

>> Unfortunately this seems to wipe out the CamelRedeliveryCounter as well. So when
an error occurs, redelivery just continues forever. I had to exclude Camel* headers to prevent
this from happening.

>> Was there any reason why this wasn't put into properties instead or at least there
should be a warning on the removeHeaders documentation that to remove all headers would mess
up redelivery attempts.