camel-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Pocock <dan...@pocock.pro>
Subject Re: Camel distributed transactions/XA without full J2EE container?
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2014 10:12:57 GMT
On 04/12/14 16:48, Claus Ibsen wrote:
> Hi
>
> Both the Camel books - Camel in Action and the cookbook has JTA
> examples using atomikos as the TX manager. And the examples are
> standalone and can run from unit tests etc.

I'm a bit wary of examples using Atomikos in free software projects,
they say their code is free but I could never find the source code
(either a tarball or repository) anywhere.

Their community page doesn't appear to give any starting point for
developers to clone the project:

   http://www.atomikos.com/Main/AtomikosCommunity

> And there is also the TX manager from Apache geronimo project - not
> remember its name. But I think its the one that Apache Karaf comes
> with.

That is the one that Maven tries to pull in (even if JOTM is requested)

Is there any reason why Atomikos was chosen over geronimo in the books?