camel-users mailing list archives

From "Preben.Asmussen" <>
Subject Re: Can we load log files into some database using Camel?
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2014 15:19:04 GMT

A word of advice here since we have done something similar where we load GB
of zipped http log files from our http servers, unzip them, parse them and
insert the parsed content into a structured db tables using camel.

Even though the solution works it is somewhat cumbersome to maintain when
log file format changes, error handling when dealing with GB of log files

Depending on your requirements and http traffic I really think you should
consider a more flexible solution that can handle unstructured/big data

Properly we will replace our current Camel solution with something like
Splunk, that can realtime ingest raw http log files, and data can be
analysed on the original content.