camel-users mailing list archives

From "Siano, Stephan" <stephan.si...@sap.com>
Subject RE: Somewhat inconsistent behaviour for message logging
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2014 06:19:39 GMT
Hi Willem,

I was aware of the ExchangeFormatterRef option. With that it is possible to set that Option
on the default error handler, but just in order to set the maximum number of characters it
seems like a bit of overkill to me.

I would propose the following order:
1. If the maxChars parameter on the DefaultExchangeParameter is set, that value is taken.
2. If the maxChars parameter is not explicitly set, but the Exchange.LOG_DEBUG_BODY_MAX_CHARS
property is set, that value is used.
3. If neither parameter or propery is set, the old default of 10000 characters applies.

Do you think this is fine?

This change would only change the current behavior if the Exchange. LOG_DEBUG_BODY_MAX_CHARS
property is set and no maxChars parameter is given (and I would guess that using that body
length for all log statements should not be a surprising behavior for the user).

Best regards
Stephan

-----Original Message-----
From: Willem Jiang [mailto:willem.jiang@gmail.com]
Sent: Freitag, 28. November 2014 06:28
To: users@camel.apache.org
Subject: Re: Somewhat inconsistent behaviour for message logging

We introduce a ExchangeFormatterRef option to RedeliveryErrorHandler[1] since Camel 2.15.0,
it should be more easy for us setup ExchangeFormatter for the ErrorHandler.

But It could more easy for us to manage the max chars option by set up the properties through
the camel context. Please feel free to create a JIRA and submit your patch :)

[1]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-7951
[2]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL

--
Willem Jiang