camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Rest DSL - how to configure SSL/Basic Auth for jetty component?
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2014 10:37:12 GMT
Hi

You can configure the jetty component regularly without the rest dsl,
and just refer to jetty as the component. Then the Rest DSL uses the
jetty with the security settings you have configured on it.

And I think we have fixed the double ? in the uri in the upcoming
2.14.1 release.

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 10:53 AM, Roman Vottner <rovo@gmx.at> wrote:
> This is a repost of the nabble forum entry as my account was obviously not correctly
verified at the time when I posted this issue (post has NOT been accepted …).

> In order to test the new REST feature in 2.14.0 I created a simple route class:
>
> public class RestTestRoute extends RouteBuilder {
>
>    @Override
>    public void configure() throws Exception {
>
>        restConfiguration()
>            .component("jetty")
>            .port(8383)
>            .scheme("https")
>            .contextPath("/api/v1")
>            .endpointProperty("sslKeystore", "/security/serverKey.jks")
>            .endpointProperty("sslPassword", "keystorePW")
>            .endpointProperty("sslKeyPassword", "jettyPW")
>            // .componentProperty("sslContextParameters", "#sslContextParameters")
>            .componentProperty("handlers", "#jettyAuthHandler");
>
>        rest("/service4")
>            .get().route().log("Service4 GET request received").endRest()
>            .post().route().log("Service4 POST request received").endRest()
>            .delete().route().log("Service4 DELETE request received").endRest();
>    }
> }
>
> However, special-characters like "/" or ":" get replaced by "%2F" and "%3A" which cause
a UnknownFormatConversionException: Conversion = 'F' in the primer case and a MissingFormatArgumentException:
Format specifier '3A' in the latter case. As endpoint- or componentProperty only allows for
string value declarations, I also tried to set Spring beans as used with a leading # before
but without any success.

> If I leave out the sslKeystore stuff the example fails with a FileNotFoundException as
it can't locate the keystore in my home-directory - which I have none. Though, I'd like to
use the JKS located in the security-subfolder of my project. The documentation lacks a full
example which showcases a bit more complex scenario.

> From debugging, I also figured out that the contextPath is not added on top of the "jetty:..."
generated URL - is this only valid in servlet scenarios? Moreover, I'm a bit confused about
the generated URL in JettyHttpComponent as it contains two '?' symbols:

--
Claus Ibsen