camel-users mailing list archives

From Minh Tran <darth.minhs...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Temporary queues, or, jms uri from camel uri?
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2014 22:54:21 GMT
I don't know if the Camel JMS component knows how to read from a temporary queue as a consumer.
I don't see it listed in the documentation. It certainly knows about it as a producer.

You could always implement the listener side using Spring's DefaultMessageListenerContainer
directly which can support the temporary queue destination and then from there push the message
back onto a Camel route via a producer template.

On 26/11/2014, at 8:57 AM, Gary Kennedy <gary@apnic.net> wrote:

> I'll take it that the answer is "Not possible".
>
> Cheers,
> Gary
>
> On 19 Nov 2014, at 3:42 pm, Gary Kennedy <gary@apnic.net> wrote:
>
>> So I want to talk to a system that will send back several reply messages for a given
command message.

>> The general idea is to have a specific route that will process the reply messages.
(maybe behind an aggregator/resequencer, maybe not)

>> Since the plan is to (eventually) use this in a production environment, I want to
use a temporary queue for the replies rather than a shared queue.

>> The basic template at the moment:
>>
>>   <route id="mockClientRequest">
>>       < !-- magic here -- >
>>       < !-- prep a command message -- >
>>       < !-- now to send the command message -- >
>>       <inOnly uri="jms:queue:systemCommands?preserveMessageQos=true&amp;replyTo={{temp-queue}}>"/>
>>   </route>
>>
>>   <route id="mockClientReply">
>>       <from uri="jms:temp:queue:client-replies"/>
>>
>>       < !-- more magic -- >
>>   </route>
>>
>> So the main question is how can I get {{temp-queue}} to expand to the JMS specific
uri of the Camel uri "jms:temp:queue:client-replies"?

>> But if anyone knows how to deal with temporary queues other solutions would be welcome.
:)