camel-users mailing list archives

From Henryk Konsek <>
Subject Re: MQTT Request/Reply
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2014 13:11:37 GMT

> My current understanding is that every client must publish to a topic (e.g.
> TargetTopic) configured in my broker.

Yeah, I believe that exclusive reply topic is the best (only?) option
for MQTT to achieve In/Out communication.

> Due to the fact that I don't know how many clients will be there in future,
> I'm afraid to maintain thousands of response topics in my broker.

This is really a better question for the ActiveMQ mailing list, as
this is broker specific issue. In AMQ for example you can control the
eviction policy [1] of the topics, so you don't have to worry about
leaking topics.

Henryk Konsek

View raw message