camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Documentation for JEE Transaction Handling in Camel needed
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2014 08:39:34 GMT
Hi

As you use MDB then its the app server that manages the transaction
and does the TX start | commit | rollback. So you should look at the
documentation of the app server how this works / jee spec etc.

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 3:45 PM,  <Robin.Lutter@t-systems.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> our application run in JBoss EAP 6.1 and uses different camel routes to read data from
external servers, converts and writes them via jms (hornetQ) into database. The MDB reads
values from queue, store them in database and put in a second queue.
> Sometimes an OptimisticLockException occurs in second MDB while trying to look up them
in database.

> Very simplified scenario:
> from("ftp://server").to("direct:convert");
> from("direct:convert").process(xyz).bean(myEJB).to("direct:save");
> from("direct:save").process(abc).to("jms://savequeue");
>
> My question is where can I find a description of how and when transactions are started
and closed during a camel route using EJBs.

--
Claus Ibsen