camel-users mailing list archives

From Matteo Pavesi <pavesi.mat...@gmail.com>
Subject CircuitBreaker possible issue with async processor
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2014 12:47:09 GMT
Hi all,

I'm very keen to integrate the circuit breaker EIP in an application, but I
noticed a misbehaviour when I use it with async processors, which is a
common case.

The problem is that the exception in the exchange seems to be populated
after the "hasFailed" method invocation.

To reproduce the error in the junit, I slightly changed the testing route
from:

from("direct:start").loadBalance()
                    .circuitBreaker(2, 1000L, MyCustomException.class)
                        .to("mock:result")

from("direct:start").loadBalance()
                    .circuitBreaker(2, 1000L, MyCustomException.class)
                        .threads(1).to("mock:result")

I raised an issue and attached a patch with a proposed fix:

Matteo