camel-users mailing list archives

From ddewaele <ddewa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Camel JMS message topic handling
Date Sat, 25 Oct 2014 12:06:59 GMT
That's true, but in Camel a Spring JMS
AbstractPollingMessageListenerContainer implementation is used. After the
thread finished processing the message, it does this:

		finally {
			JmsUtils.closeMessageConsumer(consumerToClose);
			JmsUtils.closeSession(sessionToClose);
			ConnectionFactoryUtils.releaseConnection(conToClose,
getConnectionFactory(), true);
		}

According to me the consumer / session is closed and this consumer will no
longer do anything anymore (goes offline like you say)
.
If by the time another consumer was brought up by the
AbstractPollingMessageListenerContainer (via the createListenerConsumer
method) messages arrived on the topic they will be lost, as this new
consumer will be too late.

There is a durableSubscriptionName option on the camel activeMQ component
that might keep the consumer alive. That I haven't tried yet.

But the question remains, what is the use-case of having an out-of-the-box
jms consumer (non-durable subscription) on a standard (non virtual) activeMQ
topic