camel-users mailing list archives

From ddewaele <>
Subject Re: Camel JMS message topic handling
Date Sat, 25 Oct 2014 07:36:39 GMT
I think messages will be delivered “at most once” and non-durable subscribers
can miss messages if they are inactive. In the case of camel, it is is a
polling consumer, meaning that

1. it is started
2. it starts receiving messages (respecting timeouts)
3. it is stopped (becomes inactive)

According to me, when the consumer is in step 2 (processing an incoming msg)
this particular consumer will not receive any messages anymore. It needs to
exit as soon as possible so another polling consumer can pick up the next
one. If a message arrives in the meantime it will be lost.

That's my understanding of it at least in a plain vanilla 1 thread/consumer
and plain topic setup ... please correct me if I'm wrong.