camel-users mailing list archives

From "Elvio Caruana (ecaruana)" <>
Subject RE: pollEnrich using the incomming message excahnge
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2014 16:10:18 GMT
I think what you require is a content filter within the enrich step.

enrich("direct:enrichRoute", fooAggregator);

.process("bodyFilter") // transforms the current body to what is required for the request

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Mithe []
Sent: 03 September 2014 16:19
Subject: pollEnrich using the incomming message excahnge

I'm a bit confused / stuck with an enrichment problem.

I have a message that I want to enrich using by making a request to an external service using
part of the information the original message has.

As I unserstand Content Enricher is the EIP I want to use and for camel, the "enrich" implementation
as I want to invoke an external service and use its reply as a source.

But where I am stuck is when enriching I can't specify what message I want to send as the
enrich request, it seemingly has to be the existing message.

Is there some way of doing a request-reply and formulate a new message / exhcange for the
request part using some information from the old message?
The aggregation would then be the same the old / original message to be enriched and the reply,
the request would be lost.