camel-users mailing list archives

From James Green <james.mk.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject Camel + Spring + JpaTransactionManager = Hung on SELECT
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2014 16:08:32 GMT
We have a maven project that bundles Camel and Spring. The trouble is a
processor receives a message and uses an EntityManager to perform a
database query which hangs completely until a 20s timeout kicks in during
routing.

The hang is during an integration test against an in-memory database with a
single record. We can do the same query within the test itself within a few
milliseconds before calling the camel code which hangs.

We also built a separate integration test that executes the processor
directly (without Camel) and this works fine. So it's only when Camel is
used does the route hang. Debugging switched on, we see HIbernate log the
SELECT query, then nothing before the Camel timeout gets logged.

Unfortunately at this point we're totally baffled. Any ideas gratefully
received.

Versions:
Camel: 2.13.2
Spring: 3.2.10-RELEASE