camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Uncaught CamelRuntimeException in HDFS
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2014 05:27:01 GMT
Hi

During Camel routing an unhandled exception will mean the exchange is
failed, and the file is not deleted.
Since you use storm then I guess it has an influence somehow.

Can you reproduce the issue without storm?

And how do you store in hdfs, do you use camel-hdfs or something else?

On Sun, Aug 31, 2014 at 10:25 AM, Chirag Dewan <chirag.dewan22@yahoo.in> wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> I have a route which polls the files from FTP server and stores them in HDFS. Now when
I shut down my datanodes in HDFS and try to poll a file,I get an uncaught RuntimeException
and my process dies(storm worker).

> Is there any way I can catch the CamelRuntimeException,maybe log the exception and make
sure that the file on FTP server is not deleted(route completion is not invoked).

> I think I can catch the exception by onException(CamelRuntimeException) in my route.
But what should I do afterwards that the worker doesnt die?

--
Claus Ibsen