camel-users mailing list archives

From sandp <>
Subject Camel 2.13.1 Retry : starting from Parent Route on a sub route failure
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2014 18:20:01 GMT

Hi, I'm trying to understand how the scenario can be implemented :
*direct:parent* calls a RESTFul service, that succeeds, the exchange is
multicast to other endpoints with *direct:child1* and *direct:child2*.

Now, *direct:child1* results in *IOException*, so, on redelivery, route*
direct:child1* is retried.  But I'm looking at the possibility of doing a
retry from direct:parent ( actually, IOException in route direct:child1 was
a result of corrupt file returned by the restlet endpoint in direct:parent.

Link to Camel FAQ for retry