camel-users mailing list archives

From Carsten Ringe <cars...@kopis.de>
Subject Re: Create and add routes to context at runtime
Date Sat, 09 Aug 2014 06:26:57 GMT
Hi all,

> See an example here
> http://camel.apache.org/loading-routes-from-xml-files.html
If you can't or don't want to use the Camel XML configuration directly,
you can always write a piece of Java code using a RouteBuilder that will
parse your own configuration file and create routes from that.

I'm using this approach to let non-camel developers create configuration
for routes in a simplified XML format. My RouteBuilder will read all XML
files on startup, create routes (and adds things not configured in the
simplified XML, like logging, exception handling and such). My java code
parses the XML with JAXB and uses the Java DSL to create routes
programmatically.

This works well for my environment at the moment and it is planned to
build a very thin webapp on top of the simplified XML configuration to
allow non-developers to create routes.

Carsten

--
Kontakt unter http://blog.kopis.de/kontakt