camel-users mailing list archives

From Christian Eugster <christian.eugs...@gmx.net>
Subject Question about using camel for a special use case
Date Sun, 31 Aug 2014 09:51:20 GMT
Hi,

I am new to camel. I have read parts of Camel in Action and explored the camel website. I
think about using camel for a special use case and I don’t know if this is realistic or
even straight forward: I would like to use it as follows:

Sources are zip files or directories with a different amount of payloads (say from single
small files, single huge files (e.g. media files like .wav or .avi) to lots of small to huge
files in one payload. Each source differs from others in size and compositions. The files
go through several steps (processes), like converting into other file formats, checking integrity,
checking for viruses, extracting metadata, and so on (other steps may be added). At last the
files are written in a repository.

Do you recommend to do this using camel? I am very interested in your opinion. Thank you very
much.

Christian Eugster

Christian Eugster
Grissian 14