camel-users mailing list archives

From PJ Walstroem <>
Subject Disruptor - ringbuffer full. How to measure?
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2014 10:33:25 GMT
we recently replaced seda with disruptor and are currently learning how it
works. Yesterday we had some problems in the system, and the disruptor threw
exceptions saying

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Disruptors ringbuffer was full

We monitor both remaining capacity and pending exchange count, but none of
these indicated that something was wrong. I would assume the remaning
capacity would show 0?

final long remainingCapacity = disruptor.getRemainingCapacity();  //
Remaining capacity in ring buffer
final long pendingExchanges = disruptor.getPendingExchangeCount(); // Amount
of pending exchanges waiting for consumption in ring buffer

any thoughts?

Per Jorgen