camel-users mailing list archives

From moorsel <frank.van.moor...@gmail.com>
Subject Dynamic prioritizing of messages
Date Sun, 10 Aug 2014 10:01:47 GMT
New to Camel and I would like to know how to solve this: i've got multiple
client producing messages to a queue. The consumer that has to process the
messages from the queue has to serve the producers based a priority list
which is not fixed but could change dynamically (so now it could be that
producer A has highest prio but a some seconds later it could be that
producer B has highest prio). Prios are set manually through a GUI and
stored in a DB.

I thought to use the resequenser EIP for this purpose but I am not sure if
the dynamic nature of my prioritizing schema fits with the design of the
resequenser. Is the resequenced suitable for such a prioritizing scheme? (in
conjunction with a custom bean reading the current prio form the DB).