camel-users mailing list archives

From apanday <apan...@apache.org>
Subject errorHandler and onException
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2014 16:50:09 GMT
Hi,

I'm setting up a simple route that reads files and dumps them into a
rabbitmq exchange.
By default, the rabbitmq endpoint is configured as an "immediate exchange"
which means that if no active consumer is present, an error is thrown.
I don't have a consumer yet, so i simply expect everything to fail :)

My route is setup as follows (scala DSL):

I have two questions here:
- first, when i try this, the first file I copy is consumed.. and vanishes!
it is neither in the input dir nor in the error dir (nor in rabbit as far as
i can tell). I only get an error starting with the second input file

- second, when i do get an error, it is not caught by the errorHandler: the
second file remains in the input dir and is retried indefinitely

Then, I tried using onException:

Same issue with the first input vanishing, but this time at least, the error
is caught and the second file is moved to the dead letters.

My understanding was that errorHandler was for uncaught exceptions, while
onException was for handling specific cases.. Am I doing something wrong?

thanks again..