camel-users mailing list archives

From Charlie Mordant <>
Subject Re: What would be the benefits of running Camle on osgi?
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2014 11:59:45 GMT
I think it is also a question of modularity/concern.

The major subject of Camel is to make routes between services (EIPs).
So everytime you deploy a new service (and so modify your routes) you'll
have to stop and restart them.

Now, if you have mutliple routes on the same Vm and use Spring, a major
part of your IS will be unavailable (and you'll maybe have some issues with
'on process' exchanges).
If you use OSGI, the only bundles that must be refreshed is the one that
contains your modified routes, reducing the issues/outage due to hot swap,
conncurrent versions support, live configuration swap...

Concerning fuse, I think it uses Karaf under the hood too..