camel-users mailing list archives

From Peter Hicks <peter.hi...@poggs.co.uk>
Subject Processing data from a long-lived HTTP streaming URL
Date Sun, 13 Jul 2014 12:11:48 GMT
All,

I have access to a third-party API which streams updates over HTTP.  Each
update is separated by a \r\n, so it's trivial to parse these in to
individual messages on an ActiveMQ channel.

I am having trouble convincing the Camel HTTP4 component to consume small
chunks of data from the HTTP stream and pass them on - it seems to want to
consume the *whole* stream, and then send it on.  I've proved this by using
the following Camel route:

    <route>
      <description>Test</description>
      <from uri="http-test://api/interfaces/ura/stream_V1?StopID=9857"/>
      <to uri="file:///tmp/test"/>
    </route>

When I run this, I see an HTTP connection to the API, but nothing in
/tmp/test,

Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Peter