camel-users mailing list archives

From "Ali, Mohammad" <Mohammad.A...@genpact.com>
Subject RE: JMS producer creating connection for every message causing performance issue
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2014 07:18:02 GMT
Hi,

Mine is a standalone application, it's not EJB managed. I am using IBM Websphere MQ as JMS
provider, and read in IBM forum that from WAS-7 IBM has removed its connection pooling classes.

Will wrapping the IBM connection factory class in spring provided CachingConnectionFactory
will do connection pooling?

Regards,
Shadab

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Sicker [mailto:boards@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, July 19, 2014 1:22 AM
To: Camel Users
Subject: Re: JMS producer creating connection for every message causing performance issue

There's a bunch of info on this page about that:
http://activemq.apache.org/jmstemplate-gotchas.html

In short, unless the javax.jms.ConnectionFactory object you're using is using connection pooling,
you need to do something special.

Is your ConnectionFactory an EJB-managed implementation? If you're on WebSphere, it should
be.