camel-users mailing list archives

From functionofwhy <macfleck...@gmail.com>
Subject WS-Policy support
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2014 20:21:23 GMT
I am trying to move all policy processing into the camel layer of my system
architecture. In order to do that I have setup an example proxy in front of
a cxf service and moved policy processing to the a bus configured for the
proxy:

	<cxf:bus id="busStop">
		<cxf:features>
			<cxf:logging/>
		</cxf:features>
	</cxf:bus>

	<camel-cxf:cxfEndpoint id="proxyUserService"
		address="/proxy/userService"
		endpointName="us:userSoapServicePort"
serviceName="us:userSoapServicePorts"
		wsdlURL="classpath:service/user-soap-v1.wsdl"
xmlns:us="urn:healthmedia:wsdl:user:soap:v1" />

	<camel:camelContext>
		<camel:propertyPlaceholder id="properties"
location="classpath:user-service.properties"/>
		<camel:endpoint id="realUserService"
uri="${user-service.url}?throwExceptionOnFailure=false"/>
		<camel:route>
			<camel:from uri="cxf:bean:proxyUserService?dataFormat=MESSAGE" />
			<camel:to uri="log:input" />

			<camel:removeHeaders pattern="CamelHttp*" />
			<camel:to ref="realUserService" />
			<camel:to uri="log:output" />
		</camel:route>
	</camel:camelContext>

</beans>

The policy is executed and the assertion fails when the appropriate headers
are not sent in the request. This is exactly what I would expect.

HOWEVER... despite the fact that the assertion fails the proxy forwards the
call onto the actual web service anyway (effectually allowing the caller to
bypass the ws-policy altogether).

Can someone offer me a hint as to why? Is there a limitation to I am unaware
of when I proxy calls in this way?

Thanks!