camel-users mailing list archives

From Gardella juan <gardellajuanpa...@gmail.com>
Subject File component does not delete file
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2014 11:54:24 GMT
Hello all,
I am working with camel 2.13.1 and I had problems with delete option, where
it says at  File component <http://camel.apache.org/file2.html>  :/delete:
If true, the file will be deleted after it is processed/I figured out that
this statement is not true when some error happens. I found the cause at
/org.apache.camel.component.file.GenericFileOnCompletion/. In the method
processStrategyRollback we have this if statement:
       // only delete done file if moveFailed option is enabled, as
otherwise on rollback,        // we should leave the done file so we can
retry        if (endpoint.getMoveFailed() != null) {
handleDoneFile(exchange);        }
I think when using delete option, it is not important configure moveFailed.
I suggest update the documentation to warning about this problem. When use
delete, configure moveFailed too or fix the code to delete the file always,
as the documentation says.Thanks in advance,Juan