camel-users mailing list archives

From robbob <>
Subject RE: JPA entityType always Null
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2014 00:22:23 GMT
Hi Babak,

I am using Eclipselink 2.0 and running inside of a web application on glassfish.  I tried
remove the Locationhistory prefix and the query does not run at all, whereas when it runs
with the prefix, it executes over and over again.

From: Babak Vahdat [via Camel] []
Sent: Saturday, June 14, 2014 12:08 AM
To: Rob Terpilowski
Subject: Re: JPA entityType always Null

What is your JPA provider and which version of it (Eclipselink, OpenJPA or Hibernate-EntityManager,
etc.) and how do you run your app? Standalone, inside a web-app or?
Can you also try with the option value consumer.namedQuery=findUnprocessed without the Locationhistory

robbob wrote
I've create a JPA consumer using the following URI:

I have also added an @Consumed method to the com.lynden.peoplenet.Locationhistory class.
The process reads out the records from the database with no problem, however the @Consumed
method is never called on the Locationhistory class.  Upon debugging further, it looks like
the entityType variable in the JpaEndpoint object is set to null for some reason, and so the
JpaConsumer class can't find the entity class to invoke its Consumed method.  I've also tried
adding the entityType property to the URI:

But I get the following error:

Failed to resolve endpoint: jpa://com.lynden.peoplenet.Locationhistory?consumeDelete=false&consumer.namedQuery=Locationhistory.findUnprocessed&entityType=com.lynden.peoplenet.Locationhistory&persistenceUnit=PN-SQL-Local
due to: Could not find a suitable setter for property: entityType as there isn't a setter
method with same type: java.lang.String nor type conversion possible: No type converter available
to convert from type: java.lang.String to the required type: java.lang.Class with value com.lynden.peoplenet.Locationhistory.

I'm using camel-core and camel-jpa 2.13.1

Any ideas of what I should be looking for?

To unsubscribe from JPA entityType always Null, click here<>.