camel-users mailing list archives

From "Walzer, Thomas" <thomas.wal...@integratix.net>
Subject Re: distributed file copy
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2014 06:53:52 GMT
Alex,

You can run Camel in a gazillion ways (see http://java.dzone.com/articles/apache-camel-deployment-modes).
You can run it as a standalone java app. You can also embed it somewhere (even in an ActiveMQ
server if I remember right).

If you go with option 1, you could use servicemix or fabric8. Servicemix comes as a nice complete
bundle with Camel+AMQ+CXF+whatnot, that is tested to work together.
Fabric8 should be the same.
DonĀ“t know if that is too much of overhead for your use case.
And referencing a remote broker is fine. The less moving parts - the less maintenance (nightmare).

Cheers, Thomas.