camel-users mailing list archives

From "kraythe ." <kray...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Async and UnitOfWork
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2014 19:44:10 GMT
Futures allow asynch programming without waiting on a result that might
take a while. If Camel supported them an exchange could collect futures and
would only have to wait for the actual values when he contents of the
futures were used. This would make for powerful asynch features.

Look up Java Futures on google or java.util.concurrent API for more info.

*Robert Simmons Jr. MSc. - Lead Java Architect @ EA*
*Author of: Hardcore Java (2003) and Maintainable Java (2012)*
*LinkedIn: **http://www.linkedin.com/pub/robert-simmons/40/852/a39
<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/robert-simmons/40/852/a39>*

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 2:31 PM, Max Bridgewater <max.bridgewater@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I think wire tap actually serves me well. I have NOT verified that the
> execution of the SEDA route happens asynchronous when I set
> waitForTaskToComplete
> to Never. For now, I give it the benefit of the doubt ;). How would use
> futures be different from wire tapping?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>

> On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 3:21 PM, kraythe . <kraythe@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > It would be interesting to implement asynch and share unit of work by way
> > of futures in the ... well ... future. :) But currently you cant really
> do
> > that. What you need are transactions. The problem is SEDA doesn't support
> > transactions. So what you need is JMS.
> >
> > *Robert Simmons Jr. MSc. - Lead Java Architect @ EA*
> > *Author of: Hardcore Java (2003) and Maintainable Java (2012)*
> > *LinkedIn: **http://www.linkedin.com/pub/robert-simmons/40/852/a39
> > <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/robert-simmons/40/852/a39>*
> >

> > On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 6:00 AM, Claus Ibsen <claus.ibsen@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > Maybe its the wire tap eip you should use.

> > > SEDA
> > curretly
> > > becomes
> SEDA