camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A basic query with using Direct Component
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2014 06:07:52 GMT
On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 7:11 AM, Chirag Dewan <chirag.dewan22@yahoo.in> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a route with direct as following :
>
> from("direct:abc").to("hdfs2:xxxxx?splitStrategy=MESSAGE");
>
> I use the route write files in HDFS. I use the producer template to send a OutputStream
to direct:

> producerTemplate,sendBody("direct:abc",OutputStream);
>
> Now HDFS producer creates an .opened file first and renames it upon writing the file.
>

> So,I will only get the callback from direct,once the file is written and renamed. Is
this correct?

Yes

> Somehow my route has finished but .opene files is still in the HDFS directory,which in
turn is polled by a HDFS consumer who fail to poll the .opened file.

I suspect either the hdfs write failed or something, leaving the
.opened file orphaned.

And the consumer ought not to poll the .opened file. I would have
assumed the consumer skips these kind of files.

What version of Camel do you use?

--
Claus Ibsen