camel-users mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Best suitable architecture using Camel
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2014 17:29:10 GMT
Unfortunately I do not have good examples for this. My own examples are
too small to make good business cases and the customer projects I work
in are not open source.
Maybe I got something more after apachecon. I submitted a talk about
lessons learned from customer projects in the OSGi environment. There I
plan to show some practical examples.

The question whether to use a camel route with cxfrs or a cxf rest
endpint directly is difficult to answer.

For me the main deciding point is if what you build is more an
application or more an integration. So if your effort is more around
business logic and just a little integration then I would rather start
with a cxf endpoint and use camel only e.g. for sending and receiving
jms or files. In that case it might also be a good idea to package the
camel stuff separately and route from e.g. jms to the rest service but
that is another difficult choice to make.
Something that also speaks for a cxf endpoint is if your rest service
(as a java interface) has more than one method. Camel does not directly
support more than one method. You would have to parse and route the
different paths yourself.

On the other hand if what you do is mainly integation (forwarding data
from one point to another) then a camel route is a better choice.

Christian

--

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de