camel-users mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cxfrs
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2014 19:50:01 GMT
On 03/06/14 18:56, techbird wrote:
> Once more thank you Sergey, as discussed jira ticket raised.

Thanks

> I guess my hesitation has been caused by coding some simple cxfrs
> routes; and noticing the behaviour of the producer. I couldn't help but
> think, if there are lots of developers using cxfrs then this issue would
> have been resolved a few years ago. So I thought, are developers
> actually using cxfrs? if not, what component are they using or do
> developers prefer to use cxf jax-rs directly from a bean or processor.

AFAIK CXFRS definitely has not been the most used Camel HTTP aware
component. However it has been improved a lot recently. We have it
supported in our own distro. I also know that some developers do some
cool things with it but I'm not going to spend time promoting CXFRS here.

The other point: CXFRS, due to its dependency on JAX-RS, does many
things the non-Camel way. It is a typical compromise: you either do
various things at a Camel route level, effectively do a route-based
'dev' or you have a given component like CXFRS (or CXF) dealing with
things like serialization, exception handling, etc...

The process of getting CXFRS more Camel friendly is under way, meaning
that we have some basic improvements in place now for it to respect
higher-level camel configuration properties, work with Camel-level
readers/writers, etc.

HTH, Sergey