camel-users mailing list archives

From Chirag Dewan <>
Subject Re: A basic query with using Direct Component
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2014 06:39:38 GMT
Hi Claus,

Thanks for response.

I am using Camel 2.12.1 with camel-hdfs 2.

Yes,that is the problem. Write operation fails and .opened file is still there on HDFS. Is
there any option through which I can skip creating .opened file?

 From: Claus Ibsen <>
To: "" <>
Sent: Thursday, 19 June 2014 11:37 AM
Subject: Re: A basic query with using Direct Component

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 7:11 AM, Chirag Dewan <> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I have a route with direct as following :
> from("direct:abc").to("hdfs2:xxxxx?splitStrategy=MESSAGE");
> I use the route write files in HDFS. I use the producer template to send a OutputStream
to direct:
> producerTemplate,sendBody("direct:abc",OutputStream);
> Now HDFS producer creates an .opened file first and renames it upon writing the file.
> So,I will only get the callback from direct,once the file is written and renamed. Is
this correct?

> Somehow my route has finished but .opene files is still in the HDFS directory,which in
turn is polled by a HDFS consumer who fail to poll the .opened file.

I suspect either the hdfs write failed or something, leaving the
.opened file orphaned.

And the consumer ought not to poll the .opened file. I would have
assumed the consumer skips these kind of files.

What version of Camel do you use?

> BR,
> Chirag

Claus Ibsen