camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: throttle EIP - unchanged value
Date Mon, 19 May 2014 17:26:24 GMT
Hi

Yeah the doc is wrong - Camel has changed the throttler to allow any
kind of exceptions, so if that eval to null it throws an exception.

So we could likely add a new option you can turn on if that is okay -
allowNullException or something like that - find a good name is
sometime hard.

Fell free to log a JIRA

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 7:22 PM, Elvio Caruana (ecaruana)
<ecaruana@cisco.com> wrote:
> Hit the send button too quickly...
>
> The problem I'm seeing is that if the header "throttleHeader" is null for some messages,
an exception is being thrown. I was expecting it to just use the old value for the throttling
calculation.

> Elvio

in the throttle documentation (I'm using Camel 2.13.1).

> Using the Java DSL:
>                 .throttle(header("throttleHeader"))
>
> Documentation [1] states "If the header is absent, then the Throttler uses the old value.
So that allows you to only provide a header if the value is to be changed" however

--
Claus Ibsen