camel-users mailing list archives

From cemmersb <cemme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: camel - osgi
Date Wed, 14 May 2014 14:09:05 GMT
Hi

I try to put some words together answering your question.

- Christoph

On 13 May 2014, at 23:25, nono <yan.wang@db-is.com> wrote:

> Hi i am not very clear about the relation between camel and osgi
> could someone explain in short words
> what is the relation between camel and osgi?

Camel is built to run within an OSGi container, however, you do not need to use this feature,
any other environment (standalone, application container) will work.

> what is relation between camel and spring?

Camel provides a Spring DSL for configuring routes. However, you might want to use the Java
routes or a mixture of both, whatever suites you!

> what are the differences betwen those two relations?

No differences, since you may choose whatever suites you! The underlying framework is (mostly)
the same!