camel-users mailing list archives

From Max Bridgewater <max.bridgewa...@gmail.com>
Subject OutOfMemoryError when handling large file
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2014 10:11:53 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to process a large file (900MB). I need to send it to a HTTP
remote location: B. But before I send it to B, I need to post some metadata
to HTTP location A.

Because I do not want the content of the file to be sent to A, I move the
file from the body to a header named XomBody. Unfortunately, when posting
to A, the Camel HTTP producer converts all headers to string. Which causes
the 900MB file to result into OutOfmemoryError.

How can I prevent this?

I was hoping that by using a header filtering strategy to exclude all
headers with name starting with Xom, this would resolve my problem. This
does not seem to be the case. Looking at the HttpProducer, it appears that
the filtering strategy is applied after type conversion.

So, in general: Should the type conversion be applied only when all tests
are done and the header is really a candidate for transfer?

In my specific case: what is the recommended way to do what I am trying to
do?

Thanks,
Max.