camel-users mailing list archives

From doug5791 <>
Subject Re: Camel: How to stop a route temporarily?
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2014 20:45:04 GMT
I guess the biggest thing I need to accomplish is telling all the exchanges that are stopped
to go to the next endpoint.

Is there something I can append like a property that says: "exchange.set property(Exchange.goToEndpoint,

"doug5791 [via Camel]" <> wrote:

I am currently trying to use the "Exchange.ROUTE_STOP" property -I do not think that using
a CountDownLatch will work out-, however I do not get the desired effect. Using the code below,
only the last Exchange goes on to the database:

//exAr is a List of Exchanges
.process(new Processor()
                        public void process(Exchange exchange) throws Exception
                        //Check if cache is not full, add the exchange, set exchange to stop
                        if(exAr.size() < CACHEMAXSIZE)
                        exchange.setProperty(Exchange.ROUTE_STOP, Boolean.TRUE);

                        //Check if cache is full, iterate exchanges and set to go, clear cache
                        if(exAr.size() == CACHEMAXSIZE)
                        for(int i = 0; i < CACHEMAXSIZE; i++)
                        exAr.get(i).setProperty(Exchange.ROUTE_STOP, Boolean.FALSE);
                        cacheSize = 0;
According to the documentation on using ROUTE_STOP this should be what I'm looking for. However
only the last item in the List is sent on to the database.

To unsubscribe from Camel: How to stop a route temporarily?, click here<>.