camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Seeing Info message all over log file related to Woodstox
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2014 20:33:22 GMT
On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 3:27 PM, Nair, Madhu <Nair.Madhu@aoins.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the pointer. Any pointers on the best place to call this bean?  I am new to
Camel and trying to see at what point this system property should be set.

Yeah you need to call this bean before Camel startup. So if you use
spring xml, then just declare a spring <bean> and have a init method
on it.

<bean id="startupStuff" class="xxx" init-method="startMe"/>

And then refer to this bean from <camelContext> so the bean is created first

<camelContext id="myCamel" depends-on="startupStuff" ...>

in a pushback from the server admin to do this. Is there any way we can specify this in Camel?
 Woodstox internally uses the Stax and Stax2 jars which have their own version of the Stax
parser which seem to be getting loaded before the woodstox implementation. Specifying the
implementation in META-INF/services doesn't work in this case since we have multiple implementations.
Is there a way besides using the system property to specify this?

> You can create a bean that sets the JVM system property and call this bean when your
application startup, so the property is set before Camel startup.

you can switch to use woodstock then. Though that is for the entire JVM.

>> Otherwise it ought to fallback to JAR classpath scanning. But I guess woodstock and
other xml parsers have that documented. You can search the web for details. That would allow
you to do this for this deployment unit only. And leave the others as-is. In case using a
jvm system property is not possible.

>> On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 4:48 PM, Nair, Madhu <Nair.Madhu@aoins.com> wrote:
>>> Thanks for the quick response.  I do have the woodstox jar in the classpath but
still get this message. Do I force Camel to use the woodstox parser by setting the system
property javax.xml.stream.XMLInputFactory to the Woodstox parser?

in one environment and not in the other. I am assuming it occurs in one environment because
of the randomness with which the server loads the jar files.

seems like this message occurs since we are not using the Woodstox parser.

javax.xml.stream.XMLInputFactory? Is there any other way?