camel-users mailing list archives

From Keith Freeman <8fo...@gmail.com>
Subject diagnosing onException problem?
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2014 21:35:23 GMT
I have this code in my route:

         onException(Exception.class)
                 .handled(true)

                 .maximumRedeliveries(-1)
                 .redeliveryDelay(1L * 1000L)
                 .backOffMultiplier(2.0D)
                 .maximumRedeliveryDelay(60L * 1000L)

                 .logRetryAttempted(true)
                 .retryAttemptedLogLevel(LoggingLevel.WARN)
                 .logRetryStackTrace(true)

                 .logStackTrace(true)
                 .log(LoggingLevel.ERROR,
                         ConfiguredRouteBuilder.class.getSimpleName() +
": onException handler: caught Exception! ${property." +
Exchange.EXCEPTION_CAUGHT + "}")

But when an exception happens, the delay between retries is always 1
second (or whatever I change the redeliveryDelay number to), there's
never any backoff (the retry logs are always 1-second apart).  So 2
questions:

1- why isn't the backoff multiplier having any effect?
2- is there a way (short of stepping through Camel source code) for me
to diagnose something like this?

(I'm on camel 2.12.1)