camel-users mailing list archives

From Jose <jagavi...@gmail.com>
Subject Exception propagation with onException + pipeline
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 11:30:51 GMT
Hi,

I facing a problem catching exceptions when I use pipeline.

I have a route like this:

from("direct:x").pipeline("direct:y").process(processorA)

The pipeline contains
onException(MyException.class).handled(true).process(....)

The problem is when an exception is thrown in "processorA". That exception
is not being caught by the "onException" defined within the pipeline.

I have tried to define "onException" as well on the calling route:

onException(MyException.class).handled(true).process(...).
from("direct:x").pipeline("direct:y").process(processorA)

That way it works but I would like to avoid adding this on every route. I
would like to define a global "onException" to handle both the exceptions
thrown within the pipeline and outside the pipeline.

Is there any way to do that?

Thank you.

Jose