camel-users mailing list archives

From Mandy Warren <mandys.in...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cross war comms using direct-vm and cxf
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2014 08:43:24 GMT
Thanks very much Claus & Dan for replying - Dan I will take a look at what you suggest
regarding local transport and mail you on the cxf user group if I have further questions (which
is very likely :-))

Claus - I'd really appreciate it if you could send me a sample camel route which shows how
to route via direct-vm from one CXF rest service in one war to another in another war as I
just don't understand what the format of the uris in the from/to should look like.

Many thanks

Mandy

On 10 Feb 2014, at 15:08, Daniel Kulp wrote:

> You should be able to use the Local transport, but as you said, it’s not exactly easy.
 It would likely also require you to have the CXF jars in the shared/lib area of your app
server so that the actual java classes are shared and can be cast to one another.   You’d
probably need to create a very small jar (also in shared/lib) with a Spring factory thing
that would return a LocalTransportFactory singleton (instead of a new instance per bus).
Each of your wars would then grab their LocalTranportFactory via that factory.    May also
be able to do it via a BusLIstener or similar that would register a singleton factory for
each bus that is created.