camel-users mailing list archives

From "kraythe ." <kray...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there an alternative to request-reply when you want to use JMS transactions?
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2014 00:57:11 GMT
I don't see adding a custom header to be a big deal. You have to remember
when you are doing multi route processing with JMS in between everything is
happening asynchronously. The old semantics you are used to of
request-reply are not necessarily appropriate. Asynch programming is much
more powerful but a bit of a pain to wrap your head around at first. When I
train others to write Camel this is one of the biggest hurdles they have to
overcome. Start thinking about your flow not as steps in a process but as
processes to be executed perhaps in an order and perhaps with no defined
order whatsoever.

*Robert Simmons Jr. MSc. - Lead Java Architect @ EA*
*Author of: Hardcore Java (2003) and Maintainable Java (2012)*
*LinkedIn: **http://www.linkedin.com/pub/robert-simmons/40/852/a39