camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: context component with seda options
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2014 14:27:15 GMT
Hi

That is what the vm component is for
http://camel.apache.org/vm

Or the direct-vm
http://camel.apache.org/direct-vm

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 3:24 PM, Cohen, Bruce <Bruce_Cohen@sra.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to use the context component with SEDA endpoints.  My goal is to be able to
define a SEDA endpoint in one context and have multiple consumers in other contexts consuming
from it, is this possible?

>  I have the following two Spring DSL XML configurations:
>
> inner.xml
>
> <camelContext id="inner">
>      <endpoint id="inner-in" uri="seda:shared?multipleConsumers=true"/>
>
>      <route>
>              <from uri="direct:in"/>
>              <!-- do good stuff here -->
>              <to ref="inner-in"/>
>       </route>
> </camelContext>
>

> outer.xml
>
> <camelContext id="outer" depends-on="inner">
>       <route>
>             <from uri="context:inner:shared?multipleConsumers=true"/>
>             <!-- do other good stuff here -->
>             <to uri="direct:out"/>
>       </route>
> </camelContext>
>
> This results in an exception being thrown that reads:
>
> org.apache.camel.ResolvedEndpointFailedException: Failed to resolve the endpoint: Cannot
find the endpoint with the uri shared in the CamelContext inner

> If I modify both contexts to remove '?multipleConsumers=true' from both references to
the 'shared' endpoint I'm able to resolve the 'shared' endpoint in the outer context with
no exceptions (but since multipleConsumers isn't set to 'true' on the endpoint I won't be
able to accomplish my goal)

> If I remove '?multipleConsumers=true' from just the endpoint definition in inner.xml
I get a different exception:

> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot use existing queue seda://shared as the existing
queue multiple consumers false does not match the given multiple consumers true

--
Claus Ibsen