camel-users mailing list archives

From Steffen Larsen <zoo...@gmail.com>
Subject Handling objects in the rabbitmq component
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2014 12:15:07 GMT
Hi There,

I have a rabbitmq component that should consume an java POJO object. It works quite fine outside
of camel, where I can handle the message as an object (MyObject, done in the spring-rabbitmq
lib).
When I send my object down to camel it seems that I can’t convert it into an object?

Roughly my route is like this:

from("rabbitmq://localhost/video”)
.process(new VideoAssetProcessor())

How can I achieve this? Can I use convertBodyTo(MyObject.class)?
or should I send it as json instead of an object and the unmarchal it by doing .unmarshal().json(JsonLibrary.Gson,
MyObject.class) ?

I can see that the rabbitmq consumer only takes a byte array.

-Cheers!

/Steffen