camel-users mailing list archives

From SpongeBobSquarePants <jungaymaidankas...@yahoo.com>
Subject Camel logging with log4j.properties not working
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2014 13:20:29 GMT
Hi,

I am using Camel 2.12.2 and I have been able to setup my routes and they are
working fine, however I am not able to redirect any of the logs from camel
or my application into log files. This is how my log4j.properties looks
like:

log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, FILE
log4j.logger.org.apache.camel=DEBUG, FILE
log4j.logger.org.springframework=DEBUG, FILE
log4j.appender.FILE=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.FILE.MaxFileSize=15MB
log4j.appender.FILE.MaxBackupIndex=100
log4j.appender.FILE.File=C:/applogs/log.log
log4j.appender.FILE.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.FILE.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%-15.15t] %-5p %-30.30c{1}
- %m%n

I am using spring to startup my camel context. I use maven and have tried
including the following slf4j  dependency version 1.7.5/1.6.1/1.6.6 but to
no avail .

I looked at the following post regarding the same issue, but the solution
suggested there did not help.
http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/Using-Camel-with-log4j-xml-td4617036.html

Any pointers to get this working is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

SpongeBobSquarePants