camel-users mailing list archives

From BlackTie <jts...@hotmail.com>
Subject Unexpected behavior with splitter
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2014 15:22:16 GMT
I'm having an issue with split()... I'm tokenizing a large CSV file in
streaming mode.  Each line is used to create an object which is then sent as
an in-only exchange to a JMS queue.  If I don't turn on parallel processing,
the split goes through the whole file and creates all the objects before
sending anything to the JMS queue.  I haven't seen anyone else commenting
about this.  I would expect that the single thread doing the split would be
able to create the object and then send it to the JMS queue before moving on
to the next line.  This is not the behavior I'm seeing through the logging,
however.  I don't see any messages being processed by the route consuming
from the JMS queue until after the entire file has been split.

Is something weird going on or is this the expected behavior?