camel-users mailing list archives

From Chirag Dewan <chirag.dewa...@yahoo.in>
Subject Re: OOM issue due to MemoryIdempotentRepository
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2014 08:23:34 GMT
Hi Claus,

I had this implementation before. With this I saw an unusual behaviour. A thread was created
for every file consumed by the template and even though I called template.doneUoW the thread
is not stopped. So if I call doneUoW(and not stop) the thread should be destroyed? And also
on doneUoW the inprogressRepository cache is cleared. Which is not getting cleared at the
moment(the reason I believe is causing the . Is there a possibility that doneUoW is not working
as it should?

Thanks .

Chirag

________________________________
 From: Claus Ibsen <claus.ibsen@gmail.com>
To: "users@camel.apache.org" <users@camel.apache.org>; Chirag Dewan <chirag.dewan22@yahoo.in>

Sent: Monday, 17 February 2014 1:28 PM
Subject: Re: OOM issue due to MemoryIdempotentRepository

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 8:49 AM, Chirag Dewan <chirag.dewan22@yahoo.in> wrote:
> Hi Claus,
>
> So I dont need to start/stop the template for every file?
>
> Right now I create a consumerTemplate at satrtup and then on every method call(responsible
for consuming file) I start the template,consume the file(template.receive) and stop the template.

> Is this the right approach?

No, only start|stop the template once on startup and shutdown of your app.
And then call doneUoW for each file you consume.

> Thanks.
>
> Chirag
>

> ________________________________

a single instance of consumerTemplate and I call doneUoW and stop after consuming the file.

>> I am running a test case where 10000 files are consumed by consumerTemplate(one file
at a time) . After a while JVM goes OOM and crashes. In heap dump,I can see large number of
MemoryIdempotentRepository instances. I am not using idempotent=true. I figured out that inProgressRepository
also uses this cache.

>> Is there something I am missing here?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Chirag Dewan
>>

>> ________________________________

I saw one JIRA as well regarding inProgressRepository not getting cleared. Can that be the
reason here?

>> Also,I am not using consumerTemplate to consume 1000o files. Does that also use inProgressRepository?
And when is it cleared from the memory?

>> Any help is much appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Chirag Dewan
>>

>> ________________________________

Because that is what I can see in my memory dump.

>> org.apache.camel.util.LRUCache
>>   >org.apache.camel.com.googlecode.concurrentlinkedhashmap.ConcurrentLinkedHashMap
>>
>> I maybe doing something wrong here. Is there anything else I need to do to make sure
that file is deleted after it has been processed and not stored in the cache?

>> Thanks.
>>
>> Chirag Dewan
>>

>> ________________________________

my route. After consuming around 6000 files(out of 10000,as my test case) JVM goes Out of
memory.

>>> In my heap dump I can see the following trace as the major memory consumers:
>>>
>>> java.util.ArrayList
>>>  >java.lang.Object
>>>
>>>     >org.apache.camel.management.DefaultManagementLifecycleStrategy$PreRegisterService
>>>
>>>         >org.apache.camel.component.file.FileEndpoint
>>>
>>>             >org.apache.camel.processor.idempotent.MemoryIdempotentRepository
>>>                  >org.apache.camel.util.LRUCache
>>>                     >org.apache.camel.com.googlecode.concurrentlinkedhashmap.ConcurrentLinkedHashMap
>>>

>>> So if I am not using indempotent,should it still store the files in the memory?
Is this memory repository used,even if I am deleting the files and not storing in memory?
Is there a way I can avoid that?