camel-users mailing list archives

From Chirag Dewan <chirag.dewa...@yahoo.in>
Subject OOM issue due to MemoryIdempotentRepository
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2014 10:50:16 GMT
Hi All,

I am using Camel 2.12.1 with JDK 1.7.0_45. I have a FTP consumer route in my application.

Now I intent to delete the file after consuming it. So I have delete=true in my route. After
consuming around 6000 files(out of 10000,as my test case) JVM goes Out of memory.

In my heap dump I can see the following trace as the major memory consumers:

java.util.ArrayList
 >java.lang.Object

    >org.apache.camel.management.DefaultManagementLifecycleStrategy$PreRegisterService

        >org.apache.camel.component.file.FileEndpoint

            >org.apache.camel.processor.idempotent.MemoryIdempotentRepository

                 >org.apache.camel.util.LRUCache
                    >org.apache.camel.com.googlecode.concurrentlinkedhashmap.ConcurrentLinkedHashMap

So if I am not using indempotent,should it still store the files in the memory? Is this memory
repository used,even if I am deleting the files and not storing in memory? Is there a way
I can avoid that?

I am testing this scenario under Storm as execution environment and with 2GB max heap space.

Thanks in advance

Chirag Dewan