camel-users mailing list archives

From Chirag Dewan <chirag.dewa...@yahoo.in>
Subject Re: Large Number of threads getting spawned in File Producer
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2014 09:53:06 GMT
Hi Richard,

Its not the FTP Consumer threads. I can see in my Profiler,a single threaded FTP Consumer.
Its the File Producer which has an increasing number of threads. Can I somehow configure a
thread pool for the File Producer?

Thanks a lot!

Chirag

________________________________
 From: Richard Kettelerij <richardkettelerij@gmail.com>
To: "users@camel.apache.org" <users@camel.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, 5 February 2014 1:31 PM
Subject: Re: Large Number of threads getting spawned in File Producer

Hi,

I'd be surprised if a thread was started for every file. By default the
file consumer is using a thread pool of size 1.

Anyway you can customize this by specifying a ScheduledExecutorService on
the endpoint (e.g. ftp://.....&scheduledExecutorService=#myExecutorService)
where myExecutorService is a threadPoolProfile which you specify on the
CamelContext. See http://camel.apache.org/threading-model.html for details.

Regards,
Richard