camel-users mailing list archives

From "Elvio Caruana (ecaruana)" <ecaru...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: problem trying to propagate exceptions from within enrich() and recipientList()
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2014 10:01:15 GMT
To answer my own question, it looks like the problem with the "missing" exceptions is the split()
usage further up the routing chain - which from previous posts it looks like these need to
be handled manually via the aggregation strategy implementations.

Elvio

-----Original Message-----
From: Elvio Caruana (ecaruana)
Sent: 21 January 2014 17:21
To: users@camel.apache.org
Subject: problem trying to propagate exceptions from within enrich() and recipientList()

Hi,

I'm trying to manage exceptions in my Java DSL routes (and sub-routes) by setting errorHandler(noErrorHandler())
so that exceptions can propagate to parent routes with their custom error handler. However,
this doesn't seem to work whenever exceptions are thrown within routes being called by the
enrich() and recipientList() patterns. However, if I switch to erroHandler(defaultErrorHandler())
or doing a
doTry()
   .enrich( ...)
doCatch()

then I can see the exception. Can anyone explain whether this is correct behaviour or whether
I'm missing something? If this is the case, an explanation of why this is the case would be
greatly appreciated.

I'm using Camel v 2.11.1.

Many Thanks!
Elvio